Lauri is a Recruitment and Employment Communications Consultant recognized for helping clients articulate and capitalize on their employment brand to attract and retain top talent.
She is a seasoned business consultant with executive-level experience within the Advertising and Human Resources arenas. Her well honed talent sourcing and strategic consulting expertise spans the full gamut of industry sectors.
An accomplished English-French communicator, Lauri is known for mentoring and team building, business development and client relationship management, market insight and tactical practicality. She takes immense pride in delivering win-win solutions through a mix of commitment, innovative thinking and genuine caring… with a touch of humour along the way.
For over 20 years, Lauri stewarded the Canadian divisions of two of the world’s largest Recruitment Communications agencies. In the positions of Vice President and Managing Director, she led multi-disciplinary account teams dedicated to navigating the challenges of internal and external employer branding, recruitment strategy and messaging, onboarding and retention, multi-channel media planning and execution. To qualify for this role of consultant to HR leaders, Lauri worked for 10 years in HR management within the insurance and hospitality sectors.
In addition to ongoing professional development activities, Lauri holds an HBA in General Arts with French Language major from York University, along with post-graduate studies in Translation at Laval University in Quebec and Human Resources Management with the University of Toronto. She has received certifications from Development Dimensions International (DDI) for their Supervisory Training Program; People: The Winning Edge; and Train the Trainer. She holds a Certificate of French/English Bilingual Competence from the Canadian Government.
Lauri has successfully completed Talent Search, Employment Brand development and retention assignments for hundreds of Fortune 100 clients throughout her agency and consulting engagements. Organizations of note: Home Depot Canada, Owens Corning, Shell, Staples/Bureau en Gros, RBC Financial Group, City of Mississauga, ABELSoft Inc., Wendy’s, Markham Stouffville Hospital, Burger King, Tim Horton’s, Shoppers Drug Mart, Kraft Canada, Canadian Tire, Canadian Cancer Society.
Recent Search examples include:
- Software Development: Over the past four years as a Consultant to a software development firm, sourced, assessed and placed over 35 candidates in a variety of departments, from Sales and Marketing to Software Support, QA and Software Development. This IT firm stays ahead of ever-evolving trends in development, necessitating in-depth understanding of Agile/Scrum methodologies, cloud computing and UX design, as well as emerging roles such as Product Owner and DevOps Engineers.
- Sales & Distribution: As a member of a global team spearheading the establishment of a domestic operation for an international organization, sourced the finalist for the HR Partner for the Canadian Executive team. The team also placed the Senior Financial, Marketing and Operations executives as well as a cross-country sales team.
- Manufacturing: Successfully completed an assignment to recruit an SAP Specialist to provide domestic user training and support for the Canadian operation of an international food manufacturing company. SAP expertise has been identified by Immigration Canada as a specific skill shortage in high demand.
- Hospitality: Delighted an East-coast client with the sourcing and recommendation of a top-tier Business Development professional to build brand awareness and traffic to their new hospitality venue. Clients have since approached her asking “Can you find me someone just like him?”
Industry & Sector Knowledge
- Consumer Packaged Goods
- Executive Search
- Financial Services
- Hospitality and Foodservice
- Not for Profit